One of our goals at the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office is to provide you the resources needed to enhance advancement in leadership training, team building, character, and succession planning. As you move forward in your law enforcement career, remember ours is a profession with high expectations and rewards, regardless of salary and benefits. May you always have a sense of pride in knowing what you do has a great impact on the welfare and safety of our community.
To assist you in performing our mission and achieving your highest potential, we are implementing the Institute for Credible Leadership Development (ICLD). The academy is an established 21st Century Educational Innovation Hub that has been tested with over 40,000 deputies and officers nationwide designed to enhance the professionalism of law enforcement officers while it develops character and sharpens the skills of the guardian-servant who leads with compassion, ethical decision-making, emotional intelligence and moral courage. The institute is:
- Proven – The ICLD curriculum has been scientifically developed and tested since 2009.
- Accessible – Officers can learn on-line 24/7 anywhere the Internet is available.
- Continuous– Professional, comprehensive LEO education and development are available from “hire to retire.”
- Affordable – Deputies leadership skills and principles are delivered reliably and confidently at a fraction of traditional training costs.
- Sustainable – The ICLD is designed to meet the needs of our agency.
- Effective – The leadership content of the center teaches deputies how to build mutual trust with the community which leads to problem solving collaboration while citizen complaints are reduced.
- Compatible – The Center is filling the void of leadership education and development currently existing between basic police training and senior staff leadership education.
You will receive a national certification upon your successful completion of each course. All certificates will be certified by the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office and the National Command & Staff College.
Thanks for your participation and continued commitment to our agency and the citizens we serve.
Sheriff Chris Amason
Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office, OK